Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Lime Chicken Soft Tacos
I've been snowed home for four days now (two days of actual snow and two days of cancelled school ). Let's just say the couch and I have become quite cozy. If I don't get back to class soon my figure might become permanently imprinted on the cushions. I wish I could say this hiatus from life has inspired a flurry of kitchen activity and culinary creativity. But alas, it has not. Dustin and I have almost made it through a whole season of Chuck and plowed through a pile of DVDs. But be productive? Hasn't happened. Fortunately, last week I kept busy enough that I still have a few recipes up my sleeve. And here's one of them...
This is one of the easiest, most rewarding recipes I've met in a long time! It's so fast, so simple, and really delicious! A fantastic fresh Mexican meal in minutes. The chicken is incredibly juicy and boldly flavored with oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, and lime. A fresh, sensational one-skillet dish. Don't wait to give this one a try!
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast halves
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
3/4 tsp. dried Mexican oregano
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp. organic cane sugar
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
whole wheat flour tortillas, warmed
salsa or pico de gallo
tomato, diced
lettuce, shredded
cheddar or Monteray jack cheese, grated
fresh cilantro, chopped
sour cream (optional)
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken into thin strips, season generously with salt and pepper, and sear in the preheated pan until browned on the outside. Add the remaining salt and pepper and the oregano, stirring to coat. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in the vinegar, lime, sugar, garlic, and onion. Continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink (this should only take a few minutes). Serve immediately with flour tortillas, salsa, tomato, lettuce, cheese, cilantro, and sour cream.
Serves 4.
(Adapted from All Recipes)
Labels:
Chicken,
Southwestern
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment