Saturday, February 7, 2009

Banana Crumb Muffins

A brown sugar and cinnamon crumb topping puts these basic banana muffins over the top! This is my variation of what might be the most popular recipe on the allrecipes.com website! In all of the muffin recipes I've posted I've used half whole wheat flour. In the future I will try making them with 100% white whole wheat flour and let you know how it goes. I think using butter over oil provides more flavor in this recipe. My sisters would be happy to tell you how sweet and delicious these are!

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted (or canola oil)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. butter

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.

2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 Tbsp/ butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

Makes 12-18 muffins.

(Adapted from All Recipes)

3 comments:

  1. Jessie I don't want you to think that I am trying to be you and make all of your recipes, but to be honest almost every single new recipe I have tried over the last month has been one of yours. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. I am amazed at how good each recipe is. This one was no different. I think my coworkers will love it (and I don't feel like my brown bananas went to waste.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I'm so happy you enjoy the recipes and thanks for commenting about it! I'm glad you're making the recipes- I do a lot of hard work weeding out the not-so-good ones I come across! This is an especially good one- my sisters love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jessie!! i made these the other day! they were so delicious!!!! :D -amber

    ReplyDelete